Local Lightning Strikes
CLICK HERE! for Live! Lightning Java Applet updated every 60 seconds
Regional Lightning Strikes
National Lightning Strikes
Files are uploaded every 5 minutes. Click your refresh button to get the lastest images
Blackmore Weather Station Thunderstorm Warnings!
According to the National Weather Service, approximately 100 people are killed and another 300 are injured by lightning each year. Farmers, golfers and fishermen are killed most frequently by lightning.
Click Here to subscribe to Blackmore Weather Staiton Thunderstorm Warnings and receive local thunderstorm warnings via email (choose Thunderstorm Warnings from drop down menu).
- -IC - Negative in cloud or intracloud strike
- +IC - Positive in cloud or intracloud strike
- -CG - Negative cloud to ground strike
- +CG - Positive cloud to ground strike. Due to its long continuing current, a positive cloud to ground strike is considered to be one of the most dangerous forms of lightning and is often the cause of lightning initiated fires and human deaths.
- Discharge Lightning Analysis - Discharge will parse the archives generated by Astrogenic's NexStorm and create html reports based upon the data. Gives a history of pervious lightning storms.
- NexStorm Online - Live lightning detectors in North America. Click on the map for the area that you want to view.
- StrikeStar North East USA - StrikeStar is a network of Boltek lightning detectors around the United States. These detectors all send their data to our central server where the StrikeStar software developed by Astrogenic Systems triangulates their data and presents the results in near real-time.